If Musharraf would`ve been poor, he would have been behind bars: Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz chief Nawaz Sharif expressed his views regarding the recent Musharraf saga, saying if any common man would have done what the former president did, then he would’ve surely been behind bars right now.
Sharif stressed that there is a huge disparity in the implementation of laws on poor and the ruling elite in Pakistan.
His remarks came in reference to Musharraf’s escape and then house arrest, the Express Tribune reports.
Nawaz questioned “why was he escorted home safely by Islamabad police? Because he was an Army chief earlier?”
This is clearly contempt of court on police’s behalf, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest