If Musharraf would`ve been poor, he would have been behind bars: Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz chief Nawaz Sharif expressed his views regarding the recent Musharraf saga, saying if any common man would have done what the former president did, then he would’ve surely been behind bars right now.
Sharif stressed that there is a huge disparity in the implementation of laws on poor and the ruling elite in Pakistan.
His remarks came in reference to Musharraf’s escape and then house arrest, the Express Tribune reports.
Nawaz questioned “why was he escorted home safely by Islamabad police? Because he was an Army chief earlier?”
This is clearly contempt of court on police’s behalf, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview