If Musharraf would`ve been poor, he would have been behind bars: Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz chief Nawaz Sharif expressed his views regarding the recent Musharraf saga, saying if any common man would have done what the former president did, then he would’ve surely been behind bars right now.
Sharif stressed that there is a huge disparity in the implementation of laws on poor and the ruling elite in Pakistan.
His remarks came in reference to Musharraf’s escape and then house arrest, the Express Tribune reports.
Nawaz questioned “why was he escorted home safely by Islamabad police? Because he was an Army chief earlier?”
This is clearly contempt of court on police’s behalf, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split