If Musharraf would`ve been poor, he would have been behind bars: Sharif
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz chief Nawaz Sharif expressed his views regarding the recent Musharraf saga, saying if any common man would have done what the former president did, then he would’ve surely been behind bars right now.
Sharif stressed that there is a huge disparity in the implementation of laws on poor and the ruling elite in Pakistan.
His remarks came in reference to Musharraf’s escape and then house arrest, the Express Tribune reports.
Nawaz questioned “why was he escorted home safely by Islamabad police? Because he was an Army chief earlier?”
This is clearly contempt of court on police’s behalf, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'