Ijaz has bank account details of Zardari, Benazir
Washington: Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz, the key man in the Memogate scandal, has claimed that he has details of President Asif Ali Zardari and his assassinated wife Benazir Bhutto’s bank accounts.
The Nation quoted Ijaz as saying that things might turn out to be critical for Zardari if his claims regarding the memo case were proven correct.
He further said he had documentary evidence regarding Zardari’s Swiss banks transactions, adding that the presidential immunity would be removed if the case against Zardari was proven.
Accusing Zardari of being involved in money laundering, Ijaz said that the President ‘did not have the guts’ to challenge these allegations.
“I have documentary evidence to support my claims,” he said, claiming that he was putting his own life in danger by ‘revealing the truth’.
Kaswar Klasra from Islamabad said: “As the judicial commission probing the Memogate scandal resumed hearing later in the day at Islamabad High Court, Husain Haqqani’s counsel Zahid Bukhari got annoyed and refused to continue representing Haqqani after being repeatedly interrupted by commission head Qazi Faez Isa.”
During cross-examination of Ijaz, Justice Isa asked Bukhari focus on the issue rather than concentrating on the articles written by Mansoor Ijaz.
“Keep your questions focused on the issue at hand, and do not try to waste the time by asking questions not associated with the issue,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!