Ijaz submits details of communications with Haqqani
Islamabad: Pakistani American businessman Mansoor Ijaz on Friday handed over to the Memo Commission four pages of his Blackberry bill detailing his communications with then Pakistani envoy to the US Husain Haqqani, Geo News reported.
Haqqani`s counsel Zahid Bukhari, however, said the copies did not carry names and numbers and were illegible.
Ijaz said, "I have emailed the original bill and the hidden numbers are private."
The commission then ordered Ijaz to approach his phone company for a certified copy of the bill and send it to the commission office in Islamabad.
Ijaz also said Haqqani was using two SIMs for official and private purposes.
On Thursday, the second day of his his testimony, Ijaz said he had written the controversial memo after receiving points from Haqqani and had then delivered it to US National Security Advisor James Jones.
The Pakistani Supreme Court-appointed commission is probing Ijaz`s claim to have last year delivered a secret memo to then US joint chiefs chairman Admiral Mike Mullen at the behest of Haqqani and the Pakistani government.
The memo said that Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari feared a coup after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed last May by US commandos. The existance of the memo triggered a scandal and cost Haqqani his job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog