Implement SC orders in Balochistan: Pakistan PM
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has directed Balochistan`s chief secretary to take every possible step to improve law and order in the troubled province.
Ashraf also called for all Supreme Court orders, regarding the Balochistan situation, to be implemented in letter and spirit, reports The Express Tribune
The apex court had directed authorities to take immediate measures to restore the law and order in Balochistan, where incidents of violence are on the rise despite tall claims by authorities on improving the situation.
Ashraf assured the chief secretary that the federal government would extend every bit of assistance to the Balochistan government.
"The Prime Minister has also directed the Balochistan chief secretary to take all possible measures for further improving the situation so that people can feel the difference in their daily lives," an official statement read.
In a report released earlier this week, the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan stated that the situation in Balochistan had not changed.
It mentioned that the Supreme Court hearings in Quetta certainly had a positive impact, although it remained to be seen if the impact would endure. The mission found that youth and political activists were more willing to engage in efforts to resolve the crises.
"Forced disappearances continue in Balochistan as is the case of the dumping of bodies," the report claimed.
The government has offered to hold talks with disgruntled Baloch leaders but the nationalists, who claim that it lacked sincerity, have turned it down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in