Improve ties with India, Gilani to Salman Bashir
Islamabad: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has told Salman Bashir, who has been named Pakistan`s high commissioner to India, to pay special attention to improving ties.
Gilani said on Tuesday Islamabad attaches high priority to promoting regional peace, security, prosperity and stability, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
Gilani expressed these views in a meeting with the former foreign secretary, who paid a farewell call on him at the PM`s House here.
The prime minister directed Bashir to pay special attention to improving relations and seeking resolution of outstanding issues, notably Jammu and Kashmir.
Gilani said that a just and equitable settlement of the Kashmir dispute was a priority which would open new avenues for mutually beneficial cooperation between Pakistan and India.
He expressed confidence in the leadership of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord