Imran dares Nawaz to answer 11 questions on TV
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has accused PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif of involvement in corruption, and challenged him to answer his 11 questions on a live television talk show.
The questions, which he put forward at a press conference, pertained to Nawaz and his family’s alleged corruption.
According to the Daily Times, Khan asked why Sharif had not filed a lawsuit against author Raymond Decker, who in his book had held him responsible for a corruption of USD 417 million.
Questioning Sharif over “negligible” tax payments while having property worth billions of rupees in the UK and Raiwind, he accused him of defaulting on bank loans worth Rs 6 billion, the report said.
“Where did Sharif get money to purchase apartments in Mayfair area of the Great Britain?” Khan asked.
“Where did you get funds to build your Raiwind empire worth billions of rupees?” he added.
According to the paper, Khan also raised questions about the funds Nawaz had got to launch Jeddah Steel Mills in Saudi Arabia while in exile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials