Imran Khan accused of evading tax, concealing valuable assets
Islamabad: Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has accused Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chief and former cricketer Imran Khan of evading taxes and concealing valuable assets, intensifying the ongoing war of words between the two opposition parties- Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the PTI.
Nisar, who claims to have substantial documentary evidence to prove his allegations, has challenged Khan to sue him if the allegations were false, reports The Dawn.
He alleged that Imran had been amassing wealth for three decades but did not file tax returns till 2003.
Nisar showed a general power of attorney of Jemima Khan under which 300 kanals of land had been transferred to Imran in 2004. The property was not mentioned in the tax returns the following year and the land was shown as a gift in the tax returns of 2006.
According to the power of attorney, the land purchased by Imran was transferred in the name of his spouse through mutation as ``benami transaction``.
"After divorce, I do not intend to keep the land with me," Jemima said.
Nisar said Imran and his family own over 391 kanals of land near Sheikhupura, but this too, was not mentioned in the tax returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India