Imran Khan criticises own party for handling of teenager`s death
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan today criticised his own party`s government in Pakistan`s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province for poorly responding to the death of a teenage schoolboy, who was killed while preventing a suicide attack.
Fourteen-year-old Aitzaz Hasan tackled a suicide bomber who had come to attack his school in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa on January 6 at a time when hundreds of students were inside.
Speaking to the media, Khan said he was proud of the teenager`s martyrdom and that he was a national hero. He said it was sad that the provincial government had failed to reach the boy`s family.
"I am disappointed that none of the ministers or even the Chief Minister visited the boy`s family," he said in comments aired by news channels.
Khan announced that his Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party will cooperate with Hasan`s family and take care of their expenses. He also announced the establishment of the Aitzaz Hasan Fund.
Meanwhile, the International Human Rights Commission today bestowed a global bravery award on Hasan. A delegation visited Hasan`s grave and his family and condoled his death.
Hasan has already been recommended by the government for Sitara-e-Shujaat, one of the country`s highest awards for bravery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India