Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif under `death threat` in run up to polls
Islamabad: Top political leaders of Pakistan, including PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif and PTI chief Imran Khan , are under serious life threat, according to Caretaker Interior Minister Malik Habib.
Habib, who was attending a meeting with Director General Military Operations (DGMO), said Sharif and Khan, including other top leaders are under serious threat and a special security plan has been chalked out in this regard. He, however, did not specifying the source of the threat.
Habib added that the interim government would take all possible measures and provide security cover to all high profile political leaders irrespective of their political association, reports The Nation.
The minister also stressed the need for intelligence sharing at grassroots level to avoid any untoward incident. He said it was decided that the army would be ready as a quick response force in sensitive areas of the country during the elections.
The DG Military Operations also gave assurance of full support to the civil administration in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured