Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif under `death threat` in run up to polls
Islamabad: Top political leaders of Pakistan, including PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif and PTI chief Imran Khan , are under serious life threat, according to Caretaker Interior Minister Malik Habib.
Habib, who was attending a meeting with Director General Military Operations (DGMO), said Sharif and Khan, including other top leaders are under serious threat and a special security plan has been chalked out in this regard. He, however, did not specifying the source of the threat.
Habib added that the interim government would take all possible measures and provide security cover to all high profile political leaders irrespective of their political association, reports The Nation.
The minister also stressed the need for intelligence sharing at grassroots level to avoid any untoward incident. He said it was decided that the army would be ready as a quick response force in sensitive areas of the country during the elections.
The DG Military Operations also gave assurance of full support to the civil administration in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth