Imran Khan not to be part of Taliban team
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician, and chief of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party, Imran Khan will not be part of the Taliban peace talks committee, a media report said Monday.
The party released a statement expressing full confidence in a four-member committee announced by the government, Geo News reported.
It said Rustam Shah Mohmand, who is a member of the government`s committee, would represent PTI in the peace talks.
Imran Khan cannot become part of the team, the statement added.
The Pakistani Taliban Sunday named Imran Khan in its five-member committee of senior political and religious leaders to mediate peace talks with government negotiators.
The peace dialogue committees formed by the Pakistan government and the Taliban are scheduled to meet here Tuesday, Geo News reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!