Imran Khan opposes cut in Pak defence budget
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman Imran Khan has opposed cuts in Pakistan`s defence budget saying the country is in a vulnerable state and is fighting on both its borders.
"If at this stage we cut the defence budget we would leave the country in more vulnerable condition as we are fighting on our two borders, the war on terror and conflicts with India," the cricketer-turned-politician told Radio Pakistan in an interview.
"If we succeed in resolving the conflicts through dialogue then we will be able to cut our defence budget," Khan said.
"We also want to change relations with India so that militancy and militarism are abolished and we will resolve issues through negotiations. We will keep the Kashmir issue as our priority but we will? at the same time? decide that it will be resolved through dialogue. We want to end tensions and come close so as to benefit from trade," Khan said.
When asked about impression that he is a supporter of the Taliban, Khan said he has never supported the Taliban.
"I was opposing war on terror. I was opposing Pakistan`s participation in American war on terror," he said.
He said when he insisted that there is no military solution to the conflict in the tribal regions? he was branded pro-Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks