Imran Khan says his party not against US
Karachi: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has said that his party is not against any country, but is against the US policy on the war on terror.
Khan said the PTI is neither "pro nor against the US. It takes a position based on its policies. Thus, PTI has consistently opposed American war in Afghanistan and Pakistan`s partnership in it. Events have proved the party stands to be correct", reports The Express Tribune.
He added that he had been against the US` war on terror since day one and is still against it.
"If we want to win this war against terrorism, then we should come out of the US war," he said.
Khan`s clarification comes a day after US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter said that he had been assured by Khan that should the PTI come into power in the next general elections, they would not create an environment hostile to the superpower.
"(Munter) either misunderstood or misquoted my discussion with him on Pakistan-US relations," Khan said, adding that he had told Munter that the PTI would react to policies which the party disagreed with but would seek to build an enduring relationship with the US based on shared interests and mutual respect.
"It is this part of the interaction that has been highlighted by the media and not the fact that I had candidly told Munter that the PTI cannot support reopening of NATO supplies or any other activity that furthers US war effort in Afghanistan," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!