Imran Khan to kick-off poll campaign Sunday
Islamabad: Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan will Sunday launch the election campaign of his Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) party, a media report said.
The general election is scheduled to be held May 11.
Imran will address rallies across the country and ask voters to cast their decision in favour of "change", the Dawn reported.
An official statement from the party said that though the campaign was to be launched April 16, an intra-party row over the distribution of poll tickets, and an attack at Imran Khan`s home by the party`s protesting workers resulted in the delay.
"The news agency announces its electioneering campaign all over the country. The chairman Imran Khan will address public gatherings during the election campaign which are going to be held across the country," the statement said.
Imran would address public gatherings in Karak and Dera Ismail Khan April 21, in Malkand agency, Lower Dir and Upper Dir April 22, in Karachi April 28, and the final election rally in Rawalpindi May 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video