Imran Khan to kick-off poll campaign Sunday
Islamabad: Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan will Sunday launch the election campaign of his Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) party, a media report said.
The general election is scheduled to be held May 11.
Imran will address rallies across the country and ask voters to cast their decision in favour of "change", the Dawn reported.
An official statement from the party said that though the campaign was to be launched April 16, an intra-party row over the distribution of poll tickets, and an attack at Imran Khan`s home by the party`s protesting workers resulted in the delay.
"The news agency announces its electioneering campaign all over the country. The chairman Imran Khan will address public gatherings during the election campaign which are going to be held across the country," the statement said.
Imran would address public gatherings in Karak and Dera Ismail Khan April 21, in Malkand agency, Lower Dir and Upper Dir April 22, in Karachi April 28, and the final election rally in Rawalpindi May 9.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies