Imran Khan to sue Maulana Fazlur Rehman for calling him ‘Jewish agent’
Karachi: Cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan on Sunday said that he would sue Pakistan`s prominent hardline leader Maulana Fazlur Rehman for accusing him of being a "Jewish agent".
"I have decided to file a defamation case against Maulana Fazlur Rehman and now let him prove him in the country his allegations against me," Imran, who heads the Pakistan-e-Tehreek Insaaf party told a press conference.
Maulana Rehman, a prominent religious and political leader who heads the influential Jamiat-e-Ulema Pakistan (JUI), this week said on a show on Geo News Channel that after a lot of study and work he had come to the conclusion that Imran was working for the Jewish lobby in Pakistan.
"Maulana sahib you are making a very serious allegation against a popular political leader of the country who speaks of Pakistan and Islam," the host reminded the Maulana on the show `Jirga`.
"I know what I am saying and Imran knows nothing about Pakistan or Islam," the Maulana responded.
He maintained that Imran was planted in Pakistan politics to work for the Jewish lobby and was a Jewish agent.
Imran said the Maulana will now have to prove his allegations in court.
"I have heard enough....The matter will now be heard in court and people will know the truth who is working for the Jewish lobby or who met with the American ambassador and pleaded with him that make me Prime Minister and I will do as you say," Imran said.
Imran was married to Jemima Goldsmith, the daughter of one of Britain`s wealthiest businessman and entrepreneur Sir James Goldsmith who came from a Jewish ancestry background.
Relations between Imran and the Maulana have soured since the general elections in May when the PTI upstaged the JUI candidates in the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa province which traditionally remained a stronghold of the Maulana and his party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in