Imran Khan to sue Maulana Fazlur Rehman for calling him ‘Jewish agent’
Karachi: Cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan on Sunday said that he would sue Pakistan`s prominent hardline leader Maulana Fazlur Rehman for accusing him of being a "Jewish agent".
"I have decided to file a defamation case against Maulana Fazlur Rehman and now let him prove him in the country his allegations against me," Imran, who heads the Pakistan-e-Tehreek Insaaf party told a press conference.
Maulana Rehman, a prominent religious and political leader who heads the influential Jamiat-e-Ulema Pakistan (JUI), this week said on a show on Geo News Channel that after a lot of study and work he had come to the conclusion that Imran was working for the Jewish lobby in Pakistan.
"Maulana sahib you are making a very serious allegation against a popular political leader of the country who speaks of Pakistan and Islam," the host reminded the Maulana on the show `Jirga`.
"I know what I am saying and Imran knows nothing about Pakistan or Islam," the Maulana responded.
He maintained that Imran was planted in Pakistan politics to work for the Jewish lobby and was a Jewish agent.
Imran said the Maulana will now have to prove his allegations in court.
"I have heard enough....The matter will now be heard in court and people will know the truth who is working for the Jewish lobby or who met with the American ambassador and pleaded with him that make me Prime Minister and I will do as you say," Imran said.
Imran was married to Jemima Goldsmith, the daughter of one of Britain`s wealthiest businessman and entrepreneur Sir James Goldsmith who came from a Jewish ancestry background.
Relations between Imran and the Maulana have soured since the general elections in May when the PTI upstaged the JUI candidates in the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa province which traditionally remained a stronghold of the Maulana and his party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'