Imran Khan wants military deployed inside polling booths
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has said military should be deployed inside polling stations in sensitive areas to ensure transparency during the upcoming general elections.
The demand comes at a time when Chief Election Commissioner Fakhruddin G Ebrahim has already expressed his willingness to deploy the military in "sensitive" polling stations, reports The Express Tribune.
"Army personnel should be deployed inside polling booths to ensure transparent voting," said PTI chief Imran Khan, adding that he would forward his suggestion to the CEC very soon.
He further said the PTI would never opt for a political alliance with the two traditional parties -Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), which according to him are supporting each other to prolong their traditional struggle for power.
"If the PTI comes to power, it will try to resolve the issue of Balochistan by inviting all the sardars to the negotiating table," he said, adding it would revamp the police force, which would operate sans political pressure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case