Imran Khan warns of march over drone killings
Islamabad: Imran Khan has said he will lead a peace march to north Waziristan to let the world know how the US was killing "innocent Pakistanis".
Addressing a public meeting to protest restoration of NATO supply routes, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Khan said the participants of the march would include human rights activists and journalists and it would visit Waziristan in September, Daily Times reported.
The aim is to let the media meet the violence-affected families, whose loved ones lost their lives in drone attacks, he said while criticising the Pakistan government for fighting the "American war".
"The people being killed in these drone strikes were the citizens of this country. The government should make their names public," said Khan.
The PTI chief also renewed the party`s and his personal stance over the issue of executive-judiciary tussle, siding with the Supreme Court in case the government tried to undermine the apex court.
"We will come to Islamabad with `tsunami march` if the government tried to undermine the sanctity of the Supreme Court," Khan said.
The people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province had pinned many hopes on Awami National Party (ANP), but all it did was to indulge in loot and plunder by joining hands with President Zardari, he said.
On July 3, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Pakistan has decided to re-open NATO supply routes to Afghanistan. The development came after she expressed her "deepest regrets" to Pakistan for a drone strike last November that claimed the lives of 24 security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’