Imran Khan warns of march over drone killings
Islamabad: Imran Khan has said he will lead a peace march to north Waziristan to let the world know how the US was killing "innocent Pakistanis".
Addressing a public meeting to protest restoration of NATO supply routes, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Khan said the participants of the march would include human rights activists and journalists and it would visit Waziristan in September, Daily Times reported.
The aim is to let the media meet the violence-affected families, whose loved ones lost their lives in drone attacks, he said while criticising the Pakistan government for fighting the "American war".
"The people being killed in these drone strikes were the citizens of this country. The government should make their names public," said Khan.
The PTI chief also renewed the party`s and his personal stance over the issue of executive-judiciary tussle, siding with the Supreme Court in case the government tried to undermine the apex court.
"We will come to Islamabad with `tsunami march` if the government tried to undermine the sanctity of the Supreme Court," Khan said.
The people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province had pinned many hopes on Awami National Party (ANP), but all it did was to indulge in loot and plunder by joining hands with President Zardari, he said.
On July 3, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Pakistan has decided to re-open NATO supply routes to Afghanistan. The development came after she expressed her "deepest regrets" to Pakistan for a drone strike last November that claimed the lives of 24 security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony