Imran Khan`s nephew in UK homophobia row
London: The nephew of Pakistani cricketer- turned-politician Imran Khan has been caught up in a row over a homophobic tweet about his uncle`s political opponent Bilawal Bhutto.
Hassan Niazi, who is studying for a Master`s in international human rights law at City University London, was contesting for the position of student union president at the institution when the tweet was picked up by student journalists.
In response to a tweet about Bhutto hosting a cultural festival, Niazi, who has worked in Khan`s Tehreek-e-Insaf party in Pakistan, wrote: "hahaha wet dream. I doubt he is even capable of it. Waise he is worse than a faggot babychicken".
Zoe Burdo, secretary of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) Society at the university, said, "He used inappropriate language. ..Then when he was called out on it he defended it instead of apologising."
Niazi subsequently lost his campaign to be president of City University`s student union by two votes to Rima Amin, who will become the first female president at City University for 11 years, the `Guardian` reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data