Imran Khan’s party demands hanging of Sarabjit
Islamabad: A day after the lone survivor of 26/11 Mumbai attacks, terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab was hanged to death in Pune’s Yerwada Central Prison, Pakistan’s cricketer-turned –politician Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has reportedly demanded hanging of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh as part of retaliation.
Kasab was executed at 7.30 am yesterday, five days before the fourth anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. He was buried inside the jail at 9.30 am.
Sarabjit Singh has been imprisoned in Pakistan’s Kot Lakhpat jail since 1990 on the charges of serial bomb blasts in Lahore and Faisalabad that killed 14 people. Under Pakistan’s Army Act, Sarabjit was given death sentence in 1991.
As per Times now report, PTI leader Naeemullah Khan said, "India waited for less than a month after the final verdict by their judiciary and we are protecting the terrorists for the last eight years."
The demand was made during a demonstration in Multan and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was blamed for being the "biggest hurdle" to the execution of terrorists.
However Sarabjit`s sister Dalbir Kaur said, "He is not in the government so there is no need for me to a react."
The opposition party of Imran khan has demanded that the Pakistan government should hang ‘Sarabjit and all other Indian terrorists’.
In Lahore, Sarabjit`s lawyer Awais Shaikh said this has made the release of his client "much harder". But he expressed hope by saying, "I see a delay, but not the end of the road.”
Yesterday, former Supreme Court judge and Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju wrote a letter to Pakistan`s Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and President Asif Ali Zardari to appeal again for clemency for Sarabjit.
In the letter, Katju said, "You must have heard that Ajmal Kasab has been hanged in India. I wish to respectfully point out to you that this case is totally different from that of Sarabjit Singh who has been on death row in Pakistan for 21 years. About Kasab, there is no doubt about his guilt as he was caught red handed. However, there is great doubt about the guilt of Sarabjit Singh. So, the two cases are not similar.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly