`Imran Khan’s party has nine million members`
Lahore: Some nine million people have become members of cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, a party leader claimed on Monday.
"People are showing great interest in the membership campaign and so far, about nine million people across the country have become Tehrik-e-Insaf members," party spokeswoman Andleeb Abbas told a news agency.
She said: "The membership campaign will continue till next month and we expect another half a million more people to join the party."
The party has also decided to hold its internal elections in September.
"Elections will be held for each and every position so that nobody can question new office-bearers who will take the party into the next general election," Abbas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley