`Imran Khan’s party has nine million members`
Lahore: Some nine million people have become members of cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf, a party leader claimed on Monday.
"People are showing great interest in the membership campaign and so far, about nine million people across the country have become Tehrik-e-Insaf members," party spokeswoman Andleeb Abbas told a news agency.
She said: "The membership campaign will continue till next month and we expect another half a million more people to join the party."
The party has also decided to hold its internal elections in September.
"Elections will be held for each and every position so that nobody can question new office-bearers who will take the party into the next general election," Abbas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional