Imran Khan`s party to hold anti-US drone march
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s party Tuesday said it will go ahead with its march against the US drone strikes in Waziristan tribal region irrespective of a possible government ban.
Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) will begin the march towards south Waziristan, starting off from Islamabad Saturday and reaching Waziristan Sunday, Xinhua reported.
"Waziristan peace march will proceed according to plan whether the government gives permission or not," said party spokesperson Shafqat Mahmood.
The march will create difficulties in view of the uncertain situation in south Waziristan, said an official of the tribal region.
But PTI said it would go ahead with its march and not accept any restrictions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living