Imran Khan`s party to hold anti-US drone march
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s party Tuesday said it will go ahead with its march against the US drone strikes in Waziristan tribal region irrespective of a possible government ban.
Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) will begin the march towards south Waziristan, starting off from Islamabad Saturday and reaching Waziristan Sunday, Xinhua reported.
"Waziristan peace march will proceed according to plan whether the government gives permission or not," said party spokesperson Shafqat Mahmood.
The march will create difficulties in view of the uncertain situation in south Waziristan, said an official of the tribal region.
But PTI said it would go ahead with its march and not accept any restrictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!