Imran Khan`s party to hold anti-US drone march
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s party Tuesday said it will go ahead with its march against the US drone strikes in Waziristan tribal region irrespective of a possible government ban.
Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) will begin the march towards south Waziristan, starting off from Islamabad Saturday and reaching Waziristan Sunday, Xinhua reported.
"Waziristan peace march will proceed according to plan whether the government gives permission or not," said party spokesperson Shafqat Mahmood.
The march will create difficulties in view of the uncertain situation in south Waziristan, said an official of the tribal region.
But PTI said it would go ahead with its march and not accept any restrictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing