Imran Khan`s remarks irk women parliamentarians in Pak
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan`s remarks regarding the allocation of special seats to women in the National Assembly has caused anger amongst the female MNAs in the lower house of the parliament.
Pakistan Peoples Party leader Shehnaz Wazir Ali condemned Khan`s statement saying that special seats were allocated for the women in all parliaments, reports The News.
Awami National Party leader Jameela Gilani said Khan was denying the existence of half of the population of the country.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz member Anoshay Rehman challenged the educational ability of the former cricketer, adding that the law minister and other parliamentarians should take notice of Khan`s statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!