Imran slams Pak govt for reopening NATO routes
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has slammed the government for bypassing a parliamentary resolution by reopening NATO supply routes into Afghanistan.
Khan pointed out that Parliament’s recommendations were not kept in view while giving a green signal for re-opening the supply routes.
“Parliament’s recommendations, demanding an unconditional apology over the Salala raid, halt to US drone attacks, USD 5,000 transit fee per NATO container and assurance for respect of ground and airspace of Pakistan have been bypassed,” The Daily Times quoted Khan, as saying.
Khan also said that Parliament was of no use and it should be dissolved as it had failed to implement its resolutions.
He also pointed out that US President Barack Obama had categorically said that America would continue drone attacks in Pakistan.
According to the paper, Khan added that the PTI had consistently opposed participation in America’s war on terror for the last 10 years.
“Pakistan has sacrificed most in this war… nearly 40,000 of our citizens and soldiers have died and the country has suffered exorbitant losses worth nearly USD 70 billion,” he said.
“Despite sacrificing the most, it was surprising that the United States continues to question Pakistan’s sincerity in fighting this war and constantly putting pressure on it to do more,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam