Imran warns Pak govt of ‘Tsunami March’ on May 27
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and threatened to unleash a ‘Tsunami March’, if the government did not honour the Supreme Court judgment which convicted Gilani in a contempt case for his refusal to write a letter to the Swiss authorities to reopen graft cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
Addressing nearly 5,000 supporters at a rally in Islamabad, Imran announced that his party would stage a decisive rally at Rawalpindi’s Liaqat Bagh on May 27, if Gilani did not resign voluntarily, reports The Express Tribune.
“Let’s stand by the judiciary and through street power force the government to implement the court’s order in the contempt of court case,” Imran told his supporters.
Khan accused Gilani of protecting “the money of a robber” instead of saving the assets of people.
“Gilani should save the country rather than the President,” the paper quoted Imran, as saying.
Imran also criticised the leadership of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), urging Nawaz Sharif to act like a ‘real lion’ and ask his party to resign from the assemblies.
Imran condemned the parliamentary resolution in favour of Gilani, saying it is a shame that a lawmaking body was undermining the judiciary.
“The resolution was passed in favour of Gilani who is protecting the corrupt. The government knows if the Swiss cases are reopened, their corruption will be exposed,” he said.
Imran also highlighted how the United States had already ‘ridiculed’ Pakistani Parliament by conducting drone strikes, adding that such attacks undermined Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!