Imran warns Pak govt of ‘Tsunami March’ on May 27
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and threatened to unleash a ‘Tsunami March’, if the government did not honour the Supreme Court judgment which convicted Gilani in a contempt case for his refusal to write a letter to the Swiss authorities to reopen graft cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.
Addressing nearly 5,000 supporters at a rally in Islamabad, Imran announced that his party would stage a decisive rally at Rawalpindi’s Liaqat Bagh on May 27, if Gilani did not resign voluntarily, reports The Express Tribune.
“Let’s stand by the judiciary and through street power force the government to implement the court’s order in the contempt of court case,” Imran told his supporters.
Khan accused Gilani of protecting “the money of a robber” instead of saving the assets of people.
“Gilani should save the country rather than the President,” the paper quoted Imran, as saying.
Imran also criticised the leadership of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), urging Nawaz Sharif to act like a ‘real lion’ and ask his party to resign from the assemblies.
Imran condemned the parliamentary resolution in favour of Gilani, saying it is a shame that a lawmaking body was undermining the judiciary.
“The resolution was passed in favour of Gilani who is protecting the corrupt. The government knows if the Swiss cases are reopened, their corruption will be exposed,” he said.
Imran also highlighted how the United States had already ‘ridiculed’ Pakistani Parliament by conducting drone strikes, adding that such attacks undermined Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials