Imran won’t take oath of office from Zardari
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan has said he will not take oath of office from President Asif Ali Zardari if his party wins the 2013 general election and he becomes Prime Minister.
"The Tehrik-e-Insaf will sweep the coming elections and in such a scenario, I will not take oath as Prime Minister from President Zardari," Khan said while talking to journalists in Multan yesterday. He is currently touring Punjab to address a string rallies.
Top leaders of the ruling Pakistan People`s Party have said the general election will be held by May next year.
Zardari, who is also the chief of the PPP, is expected to complete his term as President next September.
Referring to PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif`s recent remarks that his party had made it possible for the PPP-led government to complete its tenure, Khan questioned why Nawaz Sharif and his brother, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, had raised slogans of "Go Zardari Go".
Khan acknowledged that the flow of his party`s "tsunami" had temporarily been curtailed because of party elections.
He claimed that a meeting to be held in Layyah district of Punjab would be an eye-opener for those having any doubts about his party`s popularity.
"The Tehrik-e-Insaf does not need political heavyweights. We only need ideological workers," he said.
Khan said just as an honest district administration could change things in his area within days, the Tehrik-e-Insaf too could bring about change in Pakistan within 90 days of coming to power.
The party`s detractors, however, believe the party is unlikely to win more 30 seats in the 342-member Lower House of Parliament.
Khan`s critics also say his party rose to prominence largely due to his proximity to former Inter-Services Intelligence chief Ahmed Shuja Pasha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah