In love with Bilawal, Hina to face fatwa now?
Islamabad: Not all seems to be well for Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, who is allegedly in a love relationship with Pakistan People’s Party leader Bilawal Bhutto.
On its front page, a Bangladeshi newspaper, The Daily Ittefaq, has reported that Islamist groups in Pakistan may now issue fatwa against Khar and Bilawal over their illicit romantic affair. Notably, illicit love affairs are punishable crime under the existing law of Pakistan.
Also, the daily reported that Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari may expel Khar from her job as foreign minister, in view of her reported extra-marital affair with Bilawal.
Hina, who is currently in the US as part of President Zardari`s delegation to attend the UN General Assembly session, was quoted by Geo News as saying that she would not comment on such a "reprehensible matter".
On Thursday, Hina’s husband Feroz Gulzar rubbished rumours about differences in their relationship as a campaign to malign his wife. Gulzar, an industrialist from Punjab province, was quoted by Geo News channel on Thursday as saying that the campaign to malign his wife was `rubbish` that does not merit comment.
He further said there was `no premise for such trash` and that he would not offer any comment on `social media gossip`.
There has been considerable speculation about the fate of Hina`s marriage to Gulzar since a little-known Bangladeshi tabloid claimed without any proof she was allegedly involved in a relationship with Bilawal.
Gulzar said he had been informed about reports of his purported differences with his wife by his cousins, who had described the reports available on the Internet as `not worth reading`.
Gulzar was quoted as saying that he was not aware of the details of these reports.
Asked about rumours of his separation from his wife, Gulzar said no such issue was being considered by him.
He further said it was unfortunate that the persons behind such gossip had dragged his two young daughters into the affair.
Gulzar said it was regrettable that there is no system in Pakistan to identify those responsible for `such rumour-mongering`.
He brushed aside a suggestion that US authorities should be asked to look into the matter, saying: "It wouldn`t be appropriate to ask them for a probe".
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly