Independent candidate among three killed in Pak
Islamabad: An independent candidate in Pakistan`s upcoming polls and two companions were gunned down in the restive Balochistan province on Tuesday, the latest in a string of attacks targeting politicians and campaign offices.
Unidentified gunmen killed Abdul Fatah Magsi, a candidate in polls to the provincial Assembly, and his colleagues in Jhal Magsi this morning.
Magsi was attacked while he was on a door-to-door campaign. Three others were injured in the attack.
They were taken to a nearby hospital, police said.
The Election Commission deferred polls in the area and said the schedule for the election in Jhal Magsi would be announced later.
Over the past few days, the banned Pakistani Taliban and other groups have targeted campaign offices and election meetings across the country.
Over 40 people were killed and dozens injured in 26 bomb blasts in Balochistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh prvinces since campaigning began for the May 11 general election.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has said it will target the Pakistan People`s Party, Awami National Party and Muttahida Qaumi Movement for their "secular policies".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic