India and Pakistan important allies in Afghanistan: US
Washington: The United States has said that both India and Pakistan are important allies in its endeavour to bring peace and stability in strife-torn Afghanistan.
"We appreciate Pakistan`s efforts to further Afghan-led reconciliation. Pakistan is obviously an important partner in supporting a secure and stable Afghanistan, which is vital to the security of the region," State Department deputy spokesperson Marie Harf told reporters.
"But I would say the same thing about India that India is also an important partner in supporting a stable and secure region, including in Afghanistan," Harf said.
She said that the US would continue to work with the two South Asian neighbours on security issues in Afghanistan, particularly going longer into 2014.
Asked about the security situation in Pakistan and the terrorist threat there, Harf said both the US and the Pakistan governments are concerned about it.
"Because its citizens, in fact, have been affected by it more than anyone. We have a constant dialogue with the Pakistani government on counter-terrorism efforts and building their capacity to fight this threat," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia