India-born Mamnoon Hussain set to become Pakistan president
Islamabad: Mamnoon Hussain, the India-born nominee of ruling PML-N, is set to become the 12th President of Pakistan on Tuesday, succeeding incumbent Asif Ali Zardari.
The election, which was preponed from August 6, will see a one-to-one contest between Hussain and Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tenreek-e-Insaf (PTI) candidate Justice (retd) Wajihuddin Ahmed.
Pakistan People`s Party withdrew its candidate Raza Rabbani and boycotted the election in protest to the date of polls being changed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'