India-bound 35 kg of gold seized in Nepal
Kathmandu: The Nepal Police on Wednesday seized 35 kg of gold biscuits being smuggled from China to India.
The seizure was done at Tatopani, one of the busiest trading points between Nepal and China and located 120 km north of Kathmandu.
The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) said the gold was found in a container truck heading to Kathmandu, adding that it was being smuggled to India.
The seized gold is valued at over Rs 170 million in Nepal. Three suspects were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics