India donates NRs 22.6 million for school construction
Kathmandu: India has provided a financial assistance of NRs 19.6 million for the construction of a school building in Nepal`s Lalitpur district.
India`s ambassador to Nepal, Ranjit Rae inaugurated the newly constructed school building under Nepal-India Economic Cooperation Programme.
Addressing a function Rae underlined the importance of the Nepal India Economic Cooperation Programme as a cornerstone of the development partnership between the two countries.
He expressed hope that the various projects implemented under the programme will help the people of Nepal in their strides towards peace and prosperity.
Established in 1960 as a primary school and subsequently upgraded to higher secondary level in 2005, the school provides educational opportunities to over 600 students, Indian embassy said.
Government of India has also granted NRs 3 million for procurement of furniture and computers for the school.
Ten ambulances and six school buses have also been provided for use in the district.
India has also granted NRs 32.6 million for the renovation of 9 historical sites and work on four other projects amounting to NRs 125.7 million is in progress in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video