`India flooding Pak with liquor, heroin-chemicals`
Lahore: Indian smugglers, in connivance with India’s Border Security Force (BSF), are flooding Pakistan’s Punjab province with liquor and heroin-chemicals, a Pakistani newspaper has claimed.
Pakistan Rangers have busted an international racket involved in pushing drugs from India to Pakistan, The Nation reported.
The smugglers use various drug tunnels and even manage to smuggle chemicals used for preparation heroin, from India to Pakistan through the border gates, supervised and controlled by the BSF, the paper claimed to have ‘reliably learnt’.
Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) have already shared this information with the BSF during different border meetings held in the recent past, it quoted ‘well-informed sources’ as saying.
“The Pakistan Rangers are working with the BSF authorities on this very serious issue. We hope that the Indian high-command would dig out the black-sheep in their ranks and take punitive action against the BSF personnel involved in patronising the smugglers,” a senior Rangers official was quoted as saying.
During the last one year, Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) seized 2,758 bottles of Indian liquor, 141-liters of chemical used for preparation of heroin and also arrested 64 Bangladeshi and 16 Indian nationals, the paper said.
During the interrogation, the arrested persons confessed to investigators that the BSF had helped them in crossing over from India to Pakistan through gates and other specific places, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis