India gifts 11 vehicles to Nepal defence ministry
Kathmandu: India on Friday granted 11 vehicles as bilateral assistance for the restructuring and capacity building of Nepal`s defence ministry.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over seven jeeps, one bus and three motorcycles to Defence Secretary Atmaram Pandey at a function at the Ministry of Defence here, according to an Indian Embassy press release.
The vehicles were gifted as bilateral assistance in the restructuring and capacity building of the Ministry of Defence of Nepal, according to a press release issued by the Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
Government of India has been regularly providing vehicles and military equipment to Nepal under bilateral assistance, the release said.
"The armies of the two countries share an excellent relationship, wherein they have mutual exchanges at various levels," it said adding it would further strengthen relations between the two countries in the defence sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand