India gifts 11 vehicles to Nepal defence ministry
Kathmandu: India on Friday granted 11 vehicles as bilateral assistance for the restructuring and capacity building of Nepal`s defence ministry.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over seven jeeps, one bus and three motorcycles to Defence Secretary Atmaram Pandey at a function at the Ministry of Defence here, according to an Indian Embassy press release.
The vehicles were gifted as bilateral assistance in the restructuring and capacity building of the Ministry of Defence of Nepal, according to a press release issued by the Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
Government of India has been regularly providing vehicles and military equipment to Nepal under bilateral assistance, the release said.
"The armies of the two countries share an excellent relationship, wherein they have mutual exchanges at various levels," it said adding it would further strengthen relations between the two countries in the defence sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected
- Wow! UP govt to set up theme park on K Asif's magnum opus ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ in Etawah
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017