India gifts 11 vehicles to Nepal defence ministry
Kathmandu: India on Friday granted 11 vehicles as bilateral assistance for the restructuring and capacity building of Nepal`s defence ministry.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over seven jeeps, one bus and three motorcycles to Defence Secretary Atmaram Pandey at a function at the Ministry of Defence here, according to an Indian Embassy press release.
The vehicles were gifted as bilateral assistance in the restructuring and capacity building of the Ministry of Defence of Nepal, according to a press release issued by the Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
Government of India has been regularly providing vehicles and military equipment to Nepal under bilateral assistance, the release said.
"The armies of the two countries share an excellent relationship, wherein they have mutual exchanges at various levels," it said adding it would further strengthen relations between the two countries in the defence sector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!