India gifts 11 vehicles to Nepal defence ministry
Kathmandu: India on Friday granted 11 vehicles as bilateral assistance for the restructuring and capacity building of Nepal`s defence ministry.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over seven jeeps, one bus and three motorcycles to Defence Secretary Atmaram Pandey at a function at the Ministry of Defence here, according to an Indian Embassy press release.
The vehicles were gifted as bilateral assistance in the restructuring and capacity building of the Ministry of Defence of Nepal, according to a press release issued by the Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
Government of India has been regularly providing vehicles and military equipment to Nepal under bilateral assistance, the release said.
"The armies of the two countries share an excellent relationship, wherein they have mutual exchanges at various levels," it said adding it would further strengthen relations between the two countries in the defence sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley