India gifts 11 vehicles to Nepal defence ministry
Kathmandu: India on Friday granted 11 vehicles as bilateral assistance for the restructuring and capacity building of Nepal`s defence ministry.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over seven jeeps, one bus and three motorcycles to Defence Secretary Atmaram Pandey at a function at the Ministry of Defence here, according to an Indian Embassy press release.
The vehicles were gifted as bilateral assistance in the restructuring and capacity building of the Ministry of Defence of Nepal, according to a press release issued by the Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
Government of India has been regularly providing vehicles and military equipment to Nepal under bilateral assistance, the release said.
"The armies of the two countries share an excellent relationship, wherein they have mutual exchanges at various levels," it said adding it would further strengthen relations between the two countries in the defence sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees