India gifts 18 ambulances on Republic Day
Kathmandu: India Saturday gifted 18 ambulances to Nepal as part of the Republic Day celebrations being held here by the Indian Embassy.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Jayanta Prasad hosted a reception in the premises of Indian Embassy at Lainchaur, Kathmandu to mark the 64th Republic Day of India.
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi was among the dignitaries who were present besides Deputy Prime Minister and senior Madhesi leader Bijaya Kumar Gachhadar among others.
Heads of various diplomatic missions based in Kathmandu, leaders of various political parties, senior journalists, lawyers, industrialists, artists and intellectuals were also present on the occasion.
Prasad handed over keys of the 15 ambulances to representatives from various social organisations and hospitals whereas three ambulances were handed over by Consul General of India, Ashutosh Agrawal in the office of the Consulate General of India in Birgunj in southern Nepal in a separate programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Virtual reality headset market shipment value reaches over $3.4 million in Jan-Mar quarter
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list
- Lesser-known health benefits of pomegranate!