India gifts 18 ambulances on Republic Day
Kathmandu: India Saturday gifted 18 ambulances to Nepal as part of the Republic Day celebrations being held here by the Indian Embassy.
Indian Ambassador to Nepal Jayanta Prasad hosted a reception in the premises of Indian Embassy at Lainchaur, Kathmandu to mark the 64th Republic Day of India.
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi was among the dignitaries who were present besides Deputy Prime Minister and senior Madhesi leader Bijaya Kumar Gachhadar among others.
Heads of various diplomatic missions based in Kathmandu, leaders of various political parties, senior journalists, lawyers, industrialists, artists and intellectuals were also present on the occasion.
Prasad handed over keys of the 15 ambulances to representatives from various social organisations and hospitals whereas three ambulances were handed over by Consul General of India, Ashutosh Agrawal in the office of the Consulate General of India in Birgunj in southern Nepal in a separate programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars