India grants assistance for construction of college building
Kathmandu: India has pledged to provide
financial assistance for the construction of building for
Shree Mahendra Ratna Multiple Campus in Ilam in eastern Nepal.
The grant assistance to the tune of Rs 22.63 million
will be utilised to construct three storeyed campus building
and provision of furniture for the campus under India-Nepal
Economic Cooperation Programme, according to a release issued
by Indian Embassy.
The college established in 1960 is affiliated to
Tribhuvan University and is currently running Bachelor level
courses in the Faculty of Humanities with arts, political
science, economics and Nepali as major subjects.
Subsequently, the college was upgraded to multiple campus
where over 3500 students study.
The current infrastructure of the Campus is old and
inadequate to cope with the existing requirements of the
The new triple storied campus building with provision for
furniture being undertaken with the assistance of Government
of India would enable developing the campus into a
high-quality institution offering affordable education to the
growing number of student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university