`India, Pak, Iran imp for Afghan stabilisation`
Washington: Afghanistan`s three key neighbours - India, Pakistan and Iran - are very important to bring peace and stability in this war-torn country, Pentagon has said.
"India, Pakistan, Iran, all of Afghanistan`s neighbours are ultimately very important to the stabilisation of that region. They all need to be playing a positive, productive, constructive influence on Afghanistan," Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell told reporters.
Morrell said Russia has played a very constructive role with regards to US operations in Afghanistan.
"We have developed a whole alternate supply line network to keep our forces supplied, and they were instrumental in us being able to bring in routes from the north so that we were not solely reliant on what are also very important routes through Pakistan," he said in response to a question.
"So they played a very constructive role there. They played a constructive role in terms of counter-narcotics. They played a constructive role in terms of supplying Russian-built helicopters to the Afghan Air Force, who are used to and most comfortable dealing with those aircraft," Morrell said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi