`India, Pak, Iran imp for Afghan stabilisation`
Washington: Afghanistan`s three key neighbours - India, Pakistan and Iran - are very important to bring peace and stability in this war-torn country, Pentagon has said.
"India, Pakistan, Iran, all of Afghanistan`s neighbours are ultimately very important to the stabilisation of that region. They all need to be playing a positive, productive, constructive influence on Afghanistan," Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell told reporters.
Morrell said Russia has played a very constructive role with regards to US operations in Afghanistan.
"We have developed a whole alternate supply line network to keep our forces supplied, and they were instrumental in us being able to bring in routes from the north so that we were not solely reliant on what are also very important routes through Pakistan," he said in response to a question.
"So they played a very constructive role there. They played a constructive role in terms of counter-narcotics. They played a constructive role in terms of supplying Russian-built helicopters to the Afghan Air Force, who are used to and most comfortable dealing with those aircraft," Morrell said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate