India-Pak relations moving in right direction: Ashraf
Islamabad: Pakistan has taken a "leap forward" to improve ties with India and the bilateral relations are moving in the right direction, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has said.
Ashraf made the remarks while speaking at a reception hosted by Pakistan`s High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hassan in honour of British parliamentarians at the House of Commons in London yesterday.
"Pakistan has taken a leap forward to improve ties with India, including softening of borders and holding of composite dialogue to settle all outstanding issues," Ashraf said.
He said India-Pakistan relations were moving in the right direction with the exchange of visits by parliamentarians, traders and businessmen.
Ashraf further said Pakistan is a peace-loving country that is keen to have good relations with all its neighbours, including India.
However, the core issue of Kashmir needs to be resolved in accordance with the wishes of Kashmiris and UN resolutions, he said.
Several British parliamentarians, including members of the House of Commons and House of Lords, attended the reception.
First lady Nusrat Pervez Ashraf and Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar were present at the reception.
Referring to the issue of Afghan reconciliation, Ashraf said there will be stability in Pakistan if Afghanistan is stable.
"We are part of the solution and not the problem with regard to the Afghan issue. Pakistan always made sincere efforts for stability and peace in Afghanistan," he said.
Ashraf gave an assurance that his government is committed to holding free, fair and impartial elections in Pakistan soon. It is a "good omen for the country as well as democracy that all the stakeholders and political forces" are satisfied with the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly