India-Pak relations moving in right direction: Ashraf
Islamabad: Pakistan has taken a "leap forward" to improve ties with India and the bilateral relations are moving in the right direction, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has said.
Ashraf made the remarks while speaking at a reception hosted by Pakistan`s High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hassan in honour of British parliamentarians at the House of Commons in London yesterday.
"Pakistan has taken a leap forward to improve ties with India, including softening of borders and holding of composite dialogue to settle all outstanding issues," Ashraf said.
He said India-Pakistan relations were moving in the right direction with the exchange of visits by parliamentarians, traders and businessmen.
Ashraf further said Pakistan is a peace-loving country that is keen to have good relations with all its neighbours, including India.
However, the core issue of Kashmir needs to be resolved in accordance with the wishes of Kashmiris and UN resolutions, he said.
Several British parliamentarians, including members of the House of Commons and House of Lords, attended the reception.
First lady Nusrat Pervez Ashraf and Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar were present at the reception.
Referring to the issue of Afghan reconciliation, Ashraf said there will be stability in Pakistan if Afghanistan is stable.
"We are part of the solution and not the problem with regard to the Afghan issue. Pakistan always made sincere efforts for stability and peace in Afghanistan," he said.
Ashraf gave an assurance that his government is committed to holding free, fair and impartial elections in Pakistan soon. It is a "good omen for the country as well as democracy that all the stakeholders and political forces" are satisfied with the Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?