India, Pak will share evidence on Saeed: Gilani
Lahore: India and Pakistan will share intelligence and evidence against Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) chief Hafiz Saeed on April 16, Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said.
“We are in the middle of talks with India and on April 16 both countries’ Interior Secretaries will share their evidences against Saeed. And on the basis of these evidences, which would be sufficient for the courts, further action against Saeed will be taken,” The Express Tribune quoted Gilani, as saying.
He added that the exchange of evidences between India and Pakistan’s Interior Secretaries in the upcoming talks was a policy unanimously adopted and that that all opposition parties, including Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), were on board with regard to the policy on Saeed.
He, however, seemed sceptical over the US decision to impose a USD 10 million bounty on Saeed’s head.
“The US should have directly contacted and provided us [Pakistan] evidences against Saeed instead of using other options,” he added.
Gilani also said that Saeed’s issue was between India and Pakistan, which does not concern the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Kajol laments lack of 'exciting' scripts
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics