`India provided Pak report on Samjhauta probe`
Islamabad: India has provided Pakistan a
report on its ongoing probe into the 2007 bombing of the
Samjhauta Express train and both countries have agreed to
discuss Kashmir and other pending issues, Interior Minister
Rehman Malik said on Friday.
Malik made the remarks while talking to reporters
Dialogue between Pakistan and India is the only way
forward to address all outstanding issues between the two
countries, he said, adding that the two sides have agreed to
discuss the Kashmir issue and other pending issues.
As many as 66 people, including 42 Pakistani
nationals, were killed in the attack on the Samjhauta Express.
Pakistan has been pressing India to share the findings
of its investigation into the incident since RSS leader Swami
Aseemanand confessed to a special court in India about the
involvement of Sangh activists in the attack.
Referring to the meeting of the Prime Ministers of
India and Pakistan on the margins of the cricket World Cup
semi-final match between the two countries, Malik said cricket
diplomacy had provided a chance to end the communication gap
between the two sides and work together for peace in the
The talks between the two Prime Ministers are
important for both nations, he said.
Replying to a question, he said success and defeat are
part of the game and the Pakistan team played well during its
World Cup matches.
"Pakistani players are the heroes of the nation and
played well during the World Cup," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das