‘India reluctant to commit to Manmohan’s Pak trip’
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on Sunday officially invited Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to visit Islamabad. But the two countries have already been trying to finalise dates for the visit of Dr Singh, a report said.
The Indian PM had earlier received an invitation by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani last year, during a Cricket World Cup semi-final match between the two sides in Mohali.
“That invitation is still pending,” a newspaper quoted a Pakistani Foreign Office official as saying.
On the condition of anonymity, the official further said: “We believe that the Indian Prime Minister should reciprocate the gesture by undertaking a visit to Pakistan... We are in touch with each other through diplomatic channels to finalise the dates.”
However, he added that India was reluctant to commit to the visit. Notably, India wants ‘meaningful progress’ on key issues, including the 2008 Mumbai attacks before Dr Singh’s visit to Pakistan.
On the other hand, Pakistan has dismissed the Indian stance, saying it would be a setback to the gradual normalisation between the neighbours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das