‘India reluctant to commit to Manmohan’s Pak trip’
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on Sunday officially invited Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to visit Islamabad. But the two countries have already been trying to finalise dates for the visit of Dr Singh, a report said.
The Indian PM had earlier received an invitation by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani last year, during a Cricket World Cup semi-final match between the two sides in Mohali.
“That invitation is still pending,” a newspaper quoted a Pakistani Foreign Office official as saying.
On the condition of anonymity, the official further said: “We believe that the Indian Prime Minister should reciprocate the gesture by undertaking a visit to Pakistan... We are in touch with each other through diplomatic channels to finalise the dates.”
However, he added that India was reluctant to commit to the visit. Notably, India wants ‘meaningful progress’ on key issues, including the 2008 Mumbai attacks before Dr Singh’s visit to Pakistan.
On the other hand, Pakistan has dismissed the Indian stance, saying it would be a setback to the gradual normalisation between the neighbours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened