India returns 27 Bangladeshis
Dhaka: Border Guard Bangladesh received 27 Bangladeshis after they served their three-year term for illegally entering India, an official said.
The Border Security Force handed over the Bangladeshis late Friday night to the Border Guard Bangladesh at the Benapole town in Jessore district of Bangladesh, bdnews24.com reported Saturday.
Border Guard Bangladesh Commander at Benapole checkpost`s, Md Abdullah said the Bangladeshis have returned on special passes provided by India.
Abdullah said they were arrested from Kerala, where they had been looking for jobs.
Human traffickers had sent them to India, luring them with fake offers of well-paid jobs, said the official.
Kaiyum Ali Sarder, officer-in-charge at Benapole, said police had received custody of the Bangladeshis and they would be released Saturday after following due process of law.
Of the 27 people, 13 are from Bagerhat, 12 from Kushtia district, one each from Rajshahi city and Meherpur district.
Every year, a number of Bangladeshis venture into neighbouring India, to get good jobs but many of them end up in jails.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video