India "sabotaging peace" in Balochistan: Pakistan
Islamabad: India is allegedly involved in
"sabotaging peace and creating trouble and instability" in
Pakistan`s Balochistan province and the tribal belt bordering
Afghanistan, country`s Defence Minister said on Wednesday.
Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar brought up Pakistan-India
relations and India`s involvement in Afghanistan during a
meeting with visiting British Minister of State for Armed
Forces Bill Rammell.
He said the world community should take note of
India`s alleged involvement in sabotaging peace and creating
trouble in Baluchistan and tribal areas.
"Pakistan wants India to restrict herself to
the development of Afghanistan and stop supporting terrorist
activities in Pakistan so that durable stability could be
brought to the region," Mukhtar was quoted as saying in an
Mukhtar told Rammell that the regional approach
towards Afghanistan is "unlikely to produce fruitful
results unless the sensitivities of neighboring countries,
particularly Pakistan, are addressed."
The US-led coalition forces in Afghanistan "need to
understand and address Pakistan`s concern in this regard," he
Pakistan is sincere about ensuring peace and
stability in Afghanistan because a "friendly, peaceful and
stable Afghanistan was in the strategic interest of Pakistan,"
Pakistan is also playing a positive role in training
Afghan forces, he said.
The two leaders also exchanged views on defence
cooperation between Pakistan and Britain, the security needs
of Pakistan`s armed forces and the geo-strategic situation in
Rammell was quoted in the statement as saying that
"Pakistan`s concerns about India and Afghanistan need to
be addressed for stability of the region."
He said Pakistan and India need to create conditions
to remove the trust deficit between them and resume their
stalled composite dialogue.
All regional powers need to play a role in
bringing peace and stability in Afghanistan, and Pakistan’s
role is of critical importance in this regard, Rammell said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj