India should adapt more positive approach towards Pak: Mamnoon
Karachi: India should adapt a more positive and open minded approach towards Pakistan to improve bilateral ties, President Mamnoon Hussain today said.
Speaking to reporters after visiting the Quaid-e-Azam`s mausoleum here, the President said that Pakistan wanted cordial relations with its neighboring country.
"But I think India also needs to adapt a more positive and open minded approach towards Pakistan which would help bilateral relations," he said.
There has been tension between the two nuclear armed nations in recent times due to repeated incidents of firing at the Line of Control.
The President also said that he believed that the upcoming elections in India were the cause behind the slow peace process and increased violence across the Line of Control.
He said some some politicians in India didn`t want to push the peace process between the two countries.
He said that "election gimmicks" by India`s opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in an attempt to gain favour of voters had kept their government occupied.
He also expressed hope that the problem will resolve itself after the elections in India are over adding that a strict warning had already been issued to the neighbouring country warning of a "tit-for-tat" situation which would force Pakistan to respond with violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge
- Jacqueline Fernandez is a mini mouse in disguise; see who gave her company!
- Army jawans rescue girl climber trapped in a Uttarkashi glacier - Watch daring video
- What Brexit could mean for India and its markets