India to provide artificial limbs to 1000 people in Afghan
Kabul: Indian organisation, specialising in prosthetic legs, will supply artificial limbs free of cost to 1,000 physically challenged Afghan nationals in the war-torn country.
Jaipur Foot has signed an agreement with the Afghan government to supply 1000 prosthetic legs to terror attack victims and polio sufferers.
"Indian organisation had agreed to provide the limb free of cost," said Amina Afzali, Minister of Work, Social Affairs, Martyred, and Disabled in Afghanistan.
"Jaipur Foot will manufacture limbs for those who have lost their legs to roadside bombings, terrorist attacks or polio disease," Afzali was quoted as saying by Pajhwok Afghan News agency.
Afzali hoped the assistance would further consolidate relations between the two countries.
An agreement to the effect was inked between Afzali and DR Mehta, founder and patron-in-chief of Jaipur Foot.
Indian ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, said India was committed to continued assistance to Afghanistan.
India has also planned to help the Disabled Technical Institute in Afghanistan to enable the people here to produce artificial limbs themselves.
"Provision of artificial limbs to 1,000 disabled people would help resolve their problems," Meht
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy