Indian Army chief to visit Sri Lanka this week
Colombo: Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh will visit Sri Lanka this week to step up bilateral defence cooperation and meet the country`s top leadership, including President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Singh will be on a 3-day visit from December 18 during which he will visit the north, north central and central provinces, the Sri Lankan army said today.
He would visit security forces headquarters in the northern town of Vavuniya and would also visit the ex-LTTE combatants training centre in the same district.
He would call on the Sri Lankan President and the top defence official Gotabhaya Rajapaksa.
"This visit will mark another important milestone in the warm and cordial relations between the Indian and Sri Lanka armies", a statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users