Indian Army chief to visit Sri Lanka this week
Colombo: Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh will visit Sri Lanka this week to step up bilateral defence cooperation and meet the country`s top leadership, including President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Singh will be on a 3-day visit from December 18 during which he will visit the north, north central and central provinces, the Sri Lankan army said today.
He would visit security forces headquarters in the northern town of Vavuniya and would also visit the ex-LTTE combatants training centre in the same district.
He would call on the Sri Lankan President and the top defence official Gotabhaya Rajapaksa.
"This visit will mark another important milestone in the warm and cordial relations between the Indian and Sri Lanka armies", a statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics