Indian firing kills 11, claims Pakistan
Islamabad: The Pakistan parliament was informed Friday that 11 Pakistani citizens, including eight soldiers, have been killed this year in "unprovoked firing" by India across the Line of Control (LoC) in the disputed Kashmir region, reports Xinhua.
Speaking in the National Assembly, Sartaj Aziz, advisor to the prime minister on national security and foreign affairs, said that in addition, 31 people, including army troops, have been injured in the firing incidents since January.
The statement came amid escalation of cease-fire violations along the LoC that has caused diplomatic tension between the two countries.
Aziz said Pakistan wants mediation on the Kashmir issue and wants to resolve it through talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad