Indian firing kills 11, claims Pakistan
Islamabad: The Pakistan parliament was informed Friday that 11 Pakistani citizens, including eight soldiers, have been killed this year in "unprovoked firing" by India across the Line of Control (LoC) in the disputed Kashmir region, reports Xinhua.
Speaking in the National Assembly, Sartaj Aziz, advisor to the prime minister on national security and foreign affairs, said that in addition, 31 people, including army troops, have been injured in the firing incidents since January.
The statement came amid escalation of cease-fire violations along the LoC that has caused diplomatic tension between the two countries.
Aziz said Pakistan wants mediation on the Kashmir issue and wants to resolve it through talks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living