Indian girl arrested by Pak federal agency for travelling with fake passport
Islamabad: An Indian girl has been arrested by Pakistan`s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for travelling with a fake passport.
Nagita Ramesh told the investigation officers that she arrived in Lahore from Doha to meet Multan resident Azhar, whom she fell in love with on social media , the Express Tribune reports.
Ramesh, who hails from Gujrat in India, said she had converted to Islam, and the passport identified her as Nimra.
The FIA officials informed the Indian High Commission, Foreign Office and other concerned authorities, and deported her to Doha.
Meanwhile, Azhar was also interrogated and later allowed to return to Multan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users