Indian girl arrested by Pak federal agency for travelling with fake passport
Islamabad: An Indian girl has been arrested by Pakistan`s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for travelling with a fake passport.
Nagita Ramesh told the investigation officers that she arrived in Lahore from Doha to meet Multan resident Azhar, whom she fell in love with on social media , the Express Tribune reports.
Ramesh, who hails from Gujrat in India, said she had converted to Islam, and the passport identified her as Nimra.
The FIA officials informed the Indian High Commission, Foreign Office and other concerned authorities, and deported her to Doha.
Meanwhile, Azhar was also interrogated and later allowed to return to Multan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!