Indian girl arrested by Pak federal agency for travelling with fake passport
Islamabad: An Indian girl has been arrested by Pakistan`s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for travelling with a fake passport.
Nagita Ramesh told the investigation officers that she arrived in Lahore from Doha to meet Multan resident Azhar, whom she fell in love with on social media , the Express Tribune reports.
Ramesh, who hails from Gujrat in India, said she had converted to Islam, and the passport identified her as Nimra.
The FIA officials informed the Indian High Commission, Foreign Office and other concerned authorities, and deported her to Doha.
Meanwhile, Azhar was also interrogated and later allowed to return to Multan, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says