Indian national shot dead in Nepal
Kathmandu: An Indian national was shot dead in south Nepal`s Dhanusha district Tuesday afternoon.
The deceased has been identified as Subash Goit, 32, of Madhubani, Bihar in India. He succumbed while being taken to Janakpur zonal hospital.
According to Uttam Raj Subedi, superintendent of police of Dhanusha district, two motorcycle-borne assailants fired at Goit`s chest and fled. The assailants were riding a bike with Indian number plates. They also took away the bike Goit was riding.
The victim had arrived at his sister`s house Sunday from Khajung, Madhubani, for Raksha Bandan.
Police said Goit was returning to his house when the incident happened. Nepal Police have informed their Indian counterparts as both the assailants as well as the deceased were Indian nationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding