Indian national shot dead in Nepal
Kathmandu: An Indian national was shot dead in south Nepal`s Dhanusha district Tuesday afternoon.
The deceased has been identified as Subash Goit, 32, of Madhubani, Bihar in India. He succumbed while being taken to Janakpur zonal hospital.
According to Uttam Raj Subedi, superintendent of police of Dhanusha district, two motorcycle-borne assailants fired at Goit`s chest and fled. The assailants were riding a bike with Indian number plates. They also took away the bike Goit was riding.
The victim had arrived at his sister`s house Sunday from Khajung, Madhubani, for Raksha Bandan.
Police said Goit was returning to his house when the incident happened. Nepal Police have informed their Indian counterparts as both the assailants as well as the deceased were Indian nationals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know