Indian-origin man among 7 killed in Afghanistan plane crash
Washington: An Indian-origin man was among seven crew members killed when a US cargo plane crashed right after takeoff in Afghanistan on Monday.
32-year-old Rinku Summan was working as a first officer with the Florida-based cargo carrier National Airlines.
The crash happened shortly after takeoff from Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan on Monday, the company said. The Boeing 747-400 was en route to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Other victims, all US citizens, were identified as pilots Brad Hasler, 34, and Jeremy Lipka, 37; navigator Jamie Brokaw, 33; loadmaster Michael Sheets, 36; and maintenance crewman Timothy Garrett, 51.
"This was a purely cargo flight and no passengers were aboard," a company statement said, quoted by CNN. "Cargo consisted of vehicles and routine general cargo."
The cause of the crash has not been determined.
America`s National Transportation Safety Board is probing the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack