Indian PM ready to ‘walk extra mile’: Pak’s Khar
Lahore: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has claimed that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is ready to ‘walk the extra mile’ on all outstanding issues between the two countries.
Khar said the Indian Prime Minister had also accepted an invitation to visit Pakistan.
“Their message is that India wants a stable Pakistan. The effort is to converge on mutually agreed points despite divergently stated positions,” Khar was quoted, as saying by The Nation.
The foreign minister said that there was an emerging need for reducing tensions between the two countries after the Mumbai attacks.
“We can safely say that a new era of engagement, understanding, confronting the challenges and relations to continue has begun,” Khar said.
“Both countries are moving ahead though they can have different outlooks. We are willing to face all challenges,” she added.
Khar also mentioned that she had held meetings with the Kashmiri separatist leaders much to the disliking of the Indians and their media.
She also said that both sides had agreed to continue the dialogue process and were looking forward to resolve all outstanding issues.
“Relations between Pakistan and India will be taking a new direction since the Indian government has shown its determination to continue towards resolving issues,” Khar said.
About Mumbai attacks and belligerence of the Indian media, Khar said that it was important to reduce tensions between the two countries, despite existence of harshness on both sides of the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow