Insider attack kills two US troops, three Afghans
Kabul: Officials say an Afghan police officer opened fire inside a police station while US forces were visiting, sparking a firefight that killed two US troops and three Afghan policemen.
Monday`s incident in Wardak province appears to be the latest in a series of insider attacks against coalition and Afghan forces.
It comes a day after a deadline given by Afghans for US special forces to withdraw from the province.
Deputy provincial Police Chief Abdul Razaq Koraishi says three Afghan officers were killed. A coalition military official says two US forces were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati and Pimpri Chinchwad seats